Baahubali: The Beginning Movie (2015):
Baahubali: The Beginning is a Telugu epic action film co-written and directed by S. S. Rajamouli, and produced by Shobu Yarlagadda and Prasad Devineni under the banner of Arka Media Works. The film was filmed in both Telugu and Tamil languages simultaneously.
The film features an ensemble cast including Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah, Ramya Krishna, Sathyaraj, and Nassar. The film was released worldwide on 10 July 2015 along with the dubbed versions in Hindi and Malayalam. It received universal acclaim for Rajamouli’s direction, story, visuals, cinematography, action sequences, music, and performances, and became a record-breaking box office success.
It received several accolades. It won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film and became the first Telugu film to win the award. It also won the National Award for Best Special Effects. At the 63rd Filmfare Awards South, the Telugu version won five awards from ten nominations, including Best Film, Best Director for Rajamouli and Best Supporting Actress for Ramya Krishna respectively. Baahubali: The Beginning became the first Indian film to be nominated for Saturn Awards, receiving five nominations at the 42nd ceremony, including Best Fantasy Film and Best Supporting Actress.
Baahubali: The Beginning Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Baahubali: The Beginning|
|Release Date||10 July 2015|
|Running Time||2hr 39min|
|Directed by||S. S. Rajamouli|
|Written by||Screenplay by S. S. Rajamouli|
Story by Vijayendra Prasad
|Produced by||Shobu Yarlagadda|
|Cinematography by||K. K. Senthil Kumar|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
|Music by||M. M. Keeravani|
|Production Company||Arka Media Works|
|Distributed by||Arka Media Works (Telugu)|
Global United Media (Malayalam)
Studio Green (Tamil)
Sri Thenandal Films (Tamil)
UV Creations (Tamil)
Dharma Productions (Hindi)
AA Films (Hindi)
|Budget||₹180 crore ($28 million)|
|Box Office Collection||est. ₹600–650 crore ($93–101 million)|
Baahubali: The Beginning Movie Trailer:
Baahubali: The Beginning Movie Storyline (Plot/Synopsis):
When Sanga and her husband, part of a tribe living around the province of Mahismathi, save a drowning infant, little do they know the background of the infant or what the future holds for him. The kid grows up to as Shivudu, a free-spirit wanting to explore the mountains and in the process learns of his roots and then realizes the whole purpose of his life and ends up confronting the mighty Bhallala Deva!
Baahubali: The Beginning Movie Cast and Characters:
- Prabhas as dual role/triple role
- Maharaja Veerendra Vikramadevan(photographs appearance)
- Amarendra Baahubali, the crown prince of Maahishmati (Telugu) / Maagizhmati (Tamil), nephew of Sivagami and Bijjaladeva and adored member of the kingdom
- Mahendra Baahubali “Sivudu” (Telugu) / “Sivu” (Tamil)
- Rana Daggubati as Bhallaaladeva Chakravarti (Telugu) / Palvaalthevan (Tamil), Baahubali’s older cousin and a spoiled, arrogant prince with tyrannical aspirations for taking the throne.
- Anushka Shetty as Devasena (Telugu) / Devasenai (Tamil), Mahendra Baahubali’s biological mother, who has been tortured and imprisoned in Maahishmati (Telugu) / Maagizhmathi (Tamil).
- Tamannaah as Avantika, a former resident of Kuntala, skilled combatant, and powerful member of the resistance.
- Ramya Krishna as Sivagaami, Bijjaladeva’s wife, Bhallaaladeva Chakravarti’s mother, and an established high ranking member of the royal family, who oversees the kingdom while the princes grow up
- Sathyaraj as Karikala Kattappa, the general of armed forces, a mentor and combat teacher to the royals of Mahishmati (Telugu) / Magizhmathi (Tamil). Despite this his status is equal to that of a servant and comes from a long line of slave warriors bound to the kingdom’s monarch.
- Nassar as Bijjaladeva (Telugu) / Pingaladevan (Tamil), the deranged older brother of Vikramadeva and rejected prince, who has a deformed left arm.
- Rohini as Sanga, leader of the Amburi tribe and Mahendra’s adoptive mother
- Meka Ramakrishna as Jaya Varma, leader of the Kuntala rebels and Devasena’s brother.
- Tanikella Bharani as Swamiji, an Amburi sage who has devoted himself to Shiva’s prayer.
- Adivi Sesh as Bhadrudu (Telugu) / Bhadra (Tamil), Bhallaladeva’s adoptive son, who has taken an arrogant and controlling personality alike his father.
- Prabhakar as the Inkoshi, King of Kalkeyas, who took leadership as a young boy and declares war on Mahishmati (Telugu) / Magizhmathi (Tamil) after their failed truce.
- Sudeepa as Aslam Khan, an Arabian weapon’s dealer who befriends Kattappa.
- Charandeep as Inkoshi’s brother
- Teja Kakumanu as Saketudu, a traitor who tells the Kalakeyas information about Mahishmati (Telugu) / Magizhmathi (Tamil)
- Madhu Sneha Upaadhyaay as dancer in blue blouse in song “Manohari”
- Nora Fatehi as dancer in green blouse in song “Manohari”
- Scarlett Mellish Wilson as dancer in orange blouse in song “Manohari”
- S. S. Rajamouli, the director himself, as the spirit seller before the song “Manohari”
Baahubali: The Beginning Movie Soundtrack:
Rajamouli’s cousin M. M. Keeravani composed the music and background score for this film and the sound supervision was done by Kalyan Koduri. The Telugu version of the soundtrack album was released on 31 May 2015, at the Sri Venkateswara University Grounds. The album of the film’s Tamil version was released on 7 June 2015, while the soundtrack of the Hindi and Malayalam versions, was released on 21 June and 1 July respectively.