Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Details:
|Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
|Characters from DC
|Superhero, Action, Adventure, Fantasy
|March 19, 2016 (Auditorio Nacional)
March 25, 2016 (United States)
David S. Goyer
|Warner Bros. Pictures
Cruel and Unusual Films
|Warner Bros. Pictures
|Box Office Collection
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Cast & Characters:
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Superman
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
- Holly Hunter as June Finch
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
- Scoot McNairy as Wallace Keefe
- Callan Mulvey as Anatoli Knyazev
- Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves
- Robin Atkin Downes performed the motion capture and voice work for the creature at the film’s climax
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne
- Lauren Cohan as Martha Wayne
- Patrick Wilson as President of the United States in a voice role
- Michael Cassidy as Jimmy Olsen
- Harry Lennix as Secretary Calvin Swanwick
- Christina Wren as Major Carrie Farris
- Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
- Rebecca Buller as Jenny Jurwich
- Chad Krowchuk as Glen Woodburn
- Carla Gugino as the Kryptonian AI Kelor
- Hugh Maguire as Jack O’Dwyer
The general public is concerned over having Superman on their planet and letting the “Dark Knight” – Batman – pursue the streets of Gotham. While this is happening, a power-phobic Batman tries to attack Superman. Meanwhile, Superman tries to settle on a decision, and Lex Luthor, the criminal mastermind and millionaire, tries to use his own advantages to fight the “Man of Steel”.
About Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie:
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is an American superhero film based on the DC Comics characters Batman and Superman. Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is a follow-up to the 2013 film Man of Steel and the second film in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
- The film was directed by Zack Snyder, written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, and features an ensemble cast that includes Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman, alongside Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, and Gal Gadot.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the first live-action film to feature Batman and Superman together, as well as the first live-action cinematic portrayal of Wonder Woman.
- The film was announced at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con after the release of Man of Steel. Snyder stated that the film would take inspiration from the Batman comic book series The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller but clarified that it would follow an original premise.
- The incarnation of Batman in the film is different from the character’s previous portrayal by Christian Bale in The Dark Knight Trilogy, serving as a cinematic reboot of the character. The film is also inspired by narrative elements from “The Death of Superman”. Pre-production began at East Los Angeles College in October 2013 and principal photography started in May 2014 in Detroit. Additional filming also took place in Illinois and New Mexico, concluding that December.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice premiered at the Auditorio Nacional in Mexico City on March 19, 2016, and was released in the United States on March 25, 2016. Following a strong debut that set new box office records, the film experienced a historic drop in its second weekend and never recovered.
- Despite grossing $873.6 million worldwide, making it the seventh-highest-grossing film of 2016, it performed below expectations and received generally unfavorable reviews from critics. An extended cut, dubbed the “Ultimate Edition”, features 31 minutes of additional footage and was released to home media formats later in 2016.