Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie (2017):
Spider-Man: Homecoming is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. It is the second Spider-Man film reboot, the 16th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), and part of Phase Three of the MCU.
The film was directed by Jon Watts, from a screenplay by the writing teams of Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, Watts, and Christopher Ford, and Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers. Co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. Tom Holland stars as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, alongside Michael Keaton, Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Bokeem Woodbine, Tyne Daly, Marisa Tomei, and Robert Downey Jr. In the film, Peter Parker tries to balance high school life with being Spider-Man while facing the Vulture (Keaton).
Spider-Man: Homecoming was released in the United States on July 7, and received praise for the light tone, its focus on Parker’s high school life, and the performances, particularly of Holland and Keaton. Homecoming grossed over $880 million worldwide, becoming the second-most-successful Spider-Man film and the sixth-highest-grossing film of 2017. Two sequels have been released: Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). A new trilogy of live-action films from Sony and Marvel Studios is in development.
Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Spider-Man: Homecoming|
|Release Date||June 28, 2017 (Hollywood)|
July 7, 2017 (United States)
|Running Time||2hr 13min|
|Based on||Spider-Man by Stan Lee, Steve Ditko|
Robert Downey Jr.
|Directed by||Jon Watts|
|Written by||Jonathan Goldstein|
John Francis Daley
|Story by||Jonathan Goldstein|
John Francis Daley
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Salvatore Totino|
|Edited by||Dan Lebental|
|Music by||Michael Giacchino|
|Production Company||Columbia Pictures|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|Box Office Collection||$880.2 million|
Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie Trailer:
Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie Storyline:
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man begins to navigate his newfound identity as web-slinging superhero Spider-Man. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May, under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark. Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine–distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man–but when the Vulture emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.—IMDb
Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie Cast and Characters:
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes / Vulture
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Zendaya as Michelle
- Donald Glover as Aaron Davis
- Jacob Batalon as Ned
- Laura Harrier as Liz
- Tony Revolori as Flash
- Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz / Shocker
- Tyne Daly as Anne Marie Hoag
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Abraham Attah as Abe
- Hannibal Buress as Coach Wilson
- Kenneth Choi as Principal Morita
- Selenis Leyva as Ms. Warren
- Angourie Rice as Betty
Interesting Facts About Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie:
- In February 2015, Marvel Studios and Sony reached a deal to share the film rights for Spider-Man, integrating the character into the established MCU.
- The following June, Holland was cast as the title character, and Watts was hired to direct. This was followed shortly by the hiring of Daley and Goldstein.
- In April 2016, the film’s title was revealed, along with the additional cast, including Downey in his MCU role of Tony Stark / Iron Man.
- Principal photography began in June 2016 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, and continued in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and New York City.
- The other screenwriters were revealed during filming, which concluded in Berlin in October 2016. The production team made efforts to differentiate the film from previous Spider-Man films.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming premiered in Hollywood on June 28, 2017.