Deleter Movie (2022):
Deleter is a Philippine techno-horror film directed by Mikhail Red and co-written with Nikolas Red. Produced by Mikhail Red, Vicente G. del Rosario III, Veronique del Rosario-Corpus, and Vicente Del Rosario Jr. under the banner of Pelikula Red and Top Story.
Starring Nadine Lustre, Louise delos Reyes, McCoy de Leon, and Jeffrey Hidalgo. It was released theatrically on December 25, 2022, as an entry to the 2022 Metro Manila Film Festival. It premiered in the United States on January 6, 2023, and is set to be released in the United Arab Emirates on January 12, 2023.
Deleter Movie Information:
|Release Date||December 25, 2022|
|Running Time||1hr 33min|
Louise delos Reyes
McCoy de Leon
|Directed by||Mikhail Red|
|Written by||Mikhail Red|
|Produced by||Mikhail Red|
Vicente G. del Rosario III
Veronique del Rosario-Corpus
Vicente Del Rosario Jr.
|Cinematography by||Ian Alexander Guevara|
|Edited by||Nikolas Red|
|Music by||Myka Magsaysay-Sigua|
|Production Company||Pelikula Red|
|Distributed by||Viva Films|
|Box Office Collection||₱270 million|
Deleter Movie Trailer:
Deleter Movie Storyline (Plot/Synopsis):
The film follows Lyra (Nadine Lustre), who works shifts at a shadowy online content moderation office where employees, known as deleters, are tasked with the process of filtering graphic uploads from reaching social media platforms. The responsibility of censorship proves bearable for Lyra, whom her co-workers, as well as her boss Simon (Jeffrey Hidalgo), observe as a cold person unfazed by the disturbing imagery she sees on a daily basis. What they do not know is that Lyra hides a deep trauma. Lyra’s attempt to erase and forget her past has forced her to do an apathetic face to the horrors of the world.
Deleter Movie Cast and Characters:
- Nadine Lustre as Lyra
- Louise delos Reyes as Aileen
- McCoy de Leon as Jace
- Jeffrey Hidalgo as Simon
- Sarah Jane Abad as Armi
- Billy Villeta as Axel
- Madelaine Red
- Elia Ilano as young Lyra
- Kedebon Colim
- Keiko Fox
- Charo Laude
- Matthew Francisco as Benru
- Nic Galvez
- Bombi Plata as Lyra’s father
Interesting Facts About Deleter Movie:
- Deleter is the second highest-grossing Philippine film in 2022 with a box office collection of ₱270 million.
- Deleter premiered in cinemas in the Philippines on December 25, 2022 as one of the eight entries of the 2022 Metro Manila Film Festival.
- Deleter was first announced in July 2022 and was reported that this is the first collaboration between Mikhail Red and Viva Films.
- The film will wrap by the end of September and the plan is to target the Metro Manila Film Festival which take place at the end of 2022 and the first quarter of 2023.