YouTube is undoubtedly one of the most popular and widely used platforms for watching and sharing videos. YouTube implemented a like and dislike button on video pages from 2010 as part of a major site redesign. The feature served as a replacement for the previous five-star rating system, which was found to be ineffective because of the rare selection of ratings from two to four stars.
With billions of users, it’s no surprise that some videos become viral hits, while others fall short of expectations. However, there are some videos that have become infamous for being disliked by a vast number of people. These videos have managed to attract a significant number of dislikes, making them some of the most disliked videos on the platform.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the top 20 most-disliked YouTube videos of all time. We will examine the reasons behind their unpopularity and explore what makes them so disliked. From music videos to online trends, these videos have all managed to gain significant attention, but for all the wrong reasons. So, if you’re curious to know which videos are the most disliked on YouTube, read on to find out more.
On November 10, 2021, YouTube made dislike counts private to reduce harassment associated with targeted dislike attacks, but this was criticized by creators and YouTube creators and co-founder Jawed Karim due to visible dislikes allowing users to spot fraudulent, unhelpful, dangerous, explicit, discriminatory or poor-quality videos. However, there are some browser extensions that enable the user to be able to view estimations of current dislikes on videos.
Note that the dislike count does not indicate the true unpopularity of a video, which is better represented by the dislike percentage. For instance “Despacito” and “Baby Shark Dance” all appear on this list but also appear in the list of most-liked YouTube videos.
List of most-disliked YouTube videos
|Rank||Video name||Uploader / artist||Dislike count||Upload date|
|1.||YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind||YouTube||19.943||December 6, 2018|
|2.||Baby Shark Dance||Pinkfong Kids’ Songs & Stories||14.972||June 17, 2016|
|3.||Sadak 2 Movie Trailer||Star Studios||13.667||August 12, 2020|
|4.||Baby||Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris||12.476||February 19, 2010|
|5.||Johny Johny Yes Papa||LooLoo Kids||11.954||October 8, 2016|
|6.||YouTube Rewind 2019: For the Record||YouTube||9.587||December 5, 2019|
|7.||Bath Song||Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes||8.941||May 2, 2018|
|8.||Learning Colors – Colorful Eggs on a Farm||Мирошка ТВ||8.436||February 27, 2018|
|9.||Lakdi ki kathi||Jingle Toons||7.244||June 14, 2018|
|10.||Wheels on the Bus||Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes||6.900||May 24, 2018|
|11.||Humpty the train on a fruits ride||Kiddiestv Hindi||6.194||January 26, 2018|
|12.||Old MacDonald Had a Farm – Kids nursery rhymes||Bounce Patrol – Kids Songs||6.153||November 12, 2013|
|13.||Keysha Play Filling Water in Balloons Daddy Finger Nursery Rhymes | Learn Colors With Balloons||Zuni and Family||5.773||April 21, 2019|
|14.||Can this video get 1 million dislikes?||PewDiePie||5.720||December 24, 2016|
|15.||Flores||Vitão and Luísa Sonza||5.534||June 11, 2020|
|16.||It’s Everyday Bro||Jake Paul featuring Team 10||5.462||May 30, 2017|
|17.||Chal Chal Gurram||Infobells Telugu||5.425||November 18, 2016|
|18.||Baa Baa Black Sheep||Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes||5.528||June 25, 2018|
|19.||Despacito||Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee||5.216||January 12, 2017|
|20.||Dame Tu Cosita||El Chombo featuring Cutty Ranks||5.173||April 5, 2018|
Interesting Facts About YouTube Most-Disliked Videos:
- Music videos, including children’s music videos, made up a majority of the most disliked uploads to YouTube.
- On December 13, 2018, YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind became the most disliked video on the video-sharing platform with 15 million dislikes, rapidly surpassing the music video for Justin Bieber’s song “Baby”, which previously entered the Guinness World Records book as the most disliked video on YouTube and on the Internet.
- Measurement of dislikes on YouTube has been of academic and political interest. Following its immediate negative reception, Rick Perry’s 2012 presidential campaign advertisement “Strong” garnered over 600,000 dislikes within five days.
- 2016 showed the most disliked video game trailer, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, which stands at over three million dislikes.
- In 2016, PewDiePie achieved a video in the top 3 by explicitly asking his own viewers to dislike his video.
- In August 2020, the Indian film Sadak 2’s trailer became the most disliked movie trailer on YouTube. In the first two days after its release, the trailer received 5.3 million dislikes and currently has over 12 million dislikes.