Cyber Heist Movie (2023):
Cyber Heist, previously known as Disconnected, is an upcoming Hong Kong action crime thriller film directed by Danny Wong and written by Philip Lui, Howard Yip, and Shum Kwan-sin. The film stars Aaron Kwok as a cyber security engineer who develops an AI program application that can potentially disable all of Hong Kong’s networks. The film co-stars Gordon Lam, Simon Yam, Megan Lai, Kenny Wong, and Tony Wu.
Principal photography for Cyber Heist began on 12 June 2020 in Ho Man Tin. In July 2020, production was temporarily halted due to the third wave outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Hong Kong before resuming in August. Production for Cyber Heist officially wrapped up on 14 October 2020 after filming its final scene in a forest in Nam Sang Wai.
Cyber Heist is expected to be released theatrically in Hong Kong in 2023 by Edko Films.
Cyber Heist Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Cyber Heist|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Duàn Wǎng|
|Directed by||Danny Wong|
|Written by||Philip Lui|
|Produced by||Cheang Pou-soi|
|Cinematography by||Cheng Siu-Keung|
|Edited by||Tsang Yu-kin|
|Music by||Josh Cruddas|
|Production Companies||Sil-Metropole Organisation|
Media Asia Films
Lian Ray Pictures
|Distributed by||Edko Films|
|Box Office Collection||TBA|
Cyber Heist Movie Trailer:
Cyber Heist Movie Posters & Photos:
Cyber Heist Movie Storyline:
A computer expert accidentally falls into the conspiracy of online financial crime and has to seize the time to participate in the struggle.
Cyber Heist Movie Cast and Characters:
- Aaron Kwok as Cheuk Ka-chun (卓家俊), a cyber security engineer and IT whiz.
- Gordon Lam as Chan Ming-chi (陳明志), Ka-chun’s superior and nemesis. Lam states his character will “viciously take on Kwok’s character.”
- Simon Yam as Sun Ban (孫斌), Inspector of the Cyber Security and Technology Crime Bureau (CSTCB).
- Megan Lai as To Wing-shan (杜詠珊), Ka-chun’s wife.
- Kenny Wong
- Tony Wu
- Zeno Koo
- Wiyona Yeung
- Julius Brian Siswojo
Interesting Facts About Cyber Heist Movie:
- At a cost of nearly HK $2 million, a high-tech network center has been built. HK $20 million in total was the cost to build a “cyber forest” with CG.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the filming was delayed for half a year, and completed on October 14, 2020.
- Due to the pandemic affecting Hong Kong’s film market, Aaron Kwok reportedly commanded only 70% of his normal salary to support the industry.