Dune: Part One Movie Details:
|Also known as
|Dune: Part One
|Dune by Frank Herbert
|Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
|September 3, 2021 (Venice)
October 22, 2021 (United States)
Joe Caracciolo Jr.
|Warner Bros. Pictures
Dune Movie Cast & Characters:
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides, ducal heir of House Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, Paul’s Bene Gesserit mother and consort to Leto
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides, Paul’s father and the leader of House Atreides
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, weapons master of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors
- Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, leader of House Harkonnen, enemy to House Atreides, and former steward of Arrakis
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban, nephew of Baron Harkonnen
- Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr. Liet Kynes, Imperial ecologist and Judge of the Change on Arrakis
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat, the Mentat of House Atreides
- Zendaya as Chani, a mysterious young Fremen woman who appears in Paul’s visions
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh, a Suk doctor in the employ of House Atreides
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam, the Emperor’s Bene Gesserit Truthsayer
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar, the leader of the Fremen tribe at Sietch Tabr
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries, the Mentat of House Harkonnen
- Babs Olusanmokun as Jamis, a Fremen from Sietch Tabr
- Golda Rosheuvel as Shadout Mapes, a Fremen working as a housekeeper for House Atreides
- Roger Yuan as Lieutenant Lanville, Gurney Halleck’s second-in-command
Dune” tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence—a commodity capable of unlocking humanity’s greatest potential—only those who can conquer their fear will survive.
About Dune Movie:
- Dune (Original title: Dune: Part One) is an American science fiction action adventure film directed by Denis Villeneuve and stars Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Dave Bautista, and Stephen McKinley Henderson.
- Dune is the first of a two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name from Frank Herbert’s Dune franchise. Legendary Entertainment acquired the rights to the novel in 2016.
- The film is the third adaptation of Dune following David Lynch’s 1984 film and John Harrison’s 2000 television miniseries.
- A sequel, Dune: Part Two, is scheduled to be released theatrically on March 1, 2024.
- Principal photography began from March to July 2019 at locations including Budapest, Jordan, Norway, and Abu Dhabi. The film was shot for the IMAX format with an IMAX-certified Arri Alexa LF camera and an IMAX-certified Alexa Mini LF prototype, equipped with Panavision’s large-format lenses in the Ultra Vista and H-series lineup.
- Dune: Part One had its world premiere at the 78th Venice International Film Festival on September 3, 2021. The film was also screened at the Toronto International Film Festival with an IMAX premiere screening at the Ontario Place Cinesphere on September 11, 2021.
- Dune: Part One was released in United States theaters and streamed on HBO Max on October 22, 2021. On October 17, the film was leaked online ahead of its planned United States and HBO Max release.
- The film was released digitally on December 3, 2021, while Blu-ray, DVD and Ultra HD Blu-ray versions of the film were released on January 11, 2022, by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
- Dune was a box office success, earning $402 million on a $165 million budget. The film received positive reviews from critics and audiences, with praise for Villeneuve’s direction and screenplay, visual effects, ambition, costume design, Hans Zimmer’s musical score, cinematography, and faithfulness to the source material.
- The film takes liberty in the stillsuits being of a dark color. This makes the actors much more visible to the camera, whereas the suits in the book were of a color that made it easier to hide.
- The film won six awards at the 94th Academy Awards and was nominated in four other categories, including Best Picture, in addition to receiving numerous other accolades.