Fidaa Movie (2017):
Fidaa is a Telugu romantic comedy film written and directed by Sekhar Kammula, and produced by Dil Raju under Sri Venkateswara Creations banner. The film’s soundtrack is composed by Shakthkanth Karthik, with cinematography and editing by Vijay C. Kumar and Marthand K. Venkatesh, respectively.
The film stars Varun Tej with Sai Pallavi (in her Telugu debut) in the lead roles. Fidaa was theatrically released on 21 July 2017, the film was a commercial success, grossing over ₹90 crore on a budget of ₹13 crore. The film won four Filmfare Awards from nine nominations, in addition to two SIIMA Awards.
Fidaa Movie Information:
|21 July 2017
|Vijay C. Kumar
|Marthand K. Venkatesh
|Sri Venkateswara Creations
|Box Office Collection
Fidaa Movie Trailer:
Fidaa Movie Storyline:
Varun and Bhanu, both from different worlds, face challenges in their relationship.
Fidaa Movie Cast and Characters:
- Varun Tej as Varun
- Sai Pallavi as Bhanumati
- Sai Chand as Bhanumati’s father
- Raja as Raju, Varun’s brother
- Satyam Rajesh as Ali, Varun’s friend
- Sharanya Pradeep as Renuka, Bhanumati’s elder sister
- Dhaasshyam Geetha Bhaskar as Bhanumati’s aunt
- Aryan Talla as Bujji, Varun’s younger brother
- Gayathri Gupta as Sumathi, Bhanumati’s friend
- Manisha Eerabathini as Shailu, Varun’s cousin
- Harshvardhan Rane as Bhanumati’s neighbor/suitor
- Katarina Richter as Suzie
- Kavitha Chandrasekher
- Gauri Priya
Interesting Facts About Fidaa Movie:
- Principal photography commenced in August 2016 and was shot in Banswada of Telangana, Texas, and Colorado.
- Fidaa is considered one of the “25 Greatest Telugu Films Of The Decade” by Film Companion.
- Sai Pallavi’s performance was ranked by Film Companion amongst the 100 Greatest Performances of the Decade.
- It was made on a budget of 13 crores and ended up grossing ₹90 crores, with a distributor share of ₹48 crore. It was the seventh highest-grossing Telugu film of that year.
- The film was dubbed into Malayalam and Hindi under the same title, and in Tamil as Banumathi.
- The film premiered on television in Star Maa channel on September 24, 2017, and received a massive 21.3 TRP just behind Bahubali and Magadheera.