Iron Man 2 Movie (2010):
Iron Man 2 is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Iron Man. It is the sequel to Iron Man (2008) and the third film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and part of Phase One of the MCU.
The film was directed by Jon Favreau and written by Justin Theroux, produced by Marvel Studios, and distributed by Paramount Pictures. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man alongside Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke, and Samuel L. Jackson.
Iron Man 2 was theatrically released on May 7. The film received praise for its action sequences and performances, although critics deemed it to be inferior to the first film. The sequel grossed over $623.9 million at the worldwide box office, making it the seventh-highest-grossing film of 2010. A sequel, Iron Man 3, was released on May 3, 2013.
Iron Man 2 Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Iron Man 2|
|Release Date||April 26, 2010 (El Capitan Theatre)|
May 7, 2010 (United States)
|Running Time||2hr 5min|
|Based on||Iron Man by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck, Jack Kirby|
|Starring||Robert Downey Jr.|
Samuel L. Jackson
|Screenplay by||Jon Favreau|
|Written by||Justin Theroux|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Matthew Libatique|
|Edited by||Dan Lebental|
|Music by||John Debney|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Box Office Collection||$623.9 million|
Iron Man 2 Movie Trailer:
Iron Man 2 Movie Storyline:
With the world now aware of his dual life as the armored superhero Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark faces pressure from the government, the press, and the public to share his technology with the military. Unwilling to let go of his invention, Stark, along with Pepper Potts, and James “Rhodey” Rhodes at his side, must forge new alliances – and confront powerful enemies.—IMDb
Iron Man 2 Movie Cast and Characters:
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer
- Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko / Whiplash
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson
- John Slattery as Howard Stark
- Garry Shandling as Senator Stern
- Paul Bettany as JARVIS(voice)
- Kate Mara as U.S. Marshal
- Leslie Bibb as Christine Everhart
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Christiane Amanpour
- Philippe Bergeron as Detective Lemieux
- James Bethea as Security Force #1
- Michael Bruno as Security Force #2
Interesting Facts About Iron Man 2 Movie:
- Following the critical and commercial success of Iron Man in May 2008, Marvel Studios announced and immediately set to work on producing a sequel.
- In July, Theroux was hired to write the script and Favreau was signed to return as director. Downey, Paltrow, and Jackson were set to reprise their roles from Iron Man, while Cheadle was brought in to replace Terrence Howard in the role of James Rhodes.
- In the early months of 2009, Rourke (Vanko), Rockwell, and Johansson filled out the supporting cast.
- Filming took place from April to July 2009, mostly in California as in the first film, except for a key sequence in Monaco.
- Unlike its predecessor, which mixed digital and practical effects, the sequel primarily relied on computer-generated imagery to create the Iron Man suits.
- Iron Man 2 premiered at the El Capitan Theatre on April 26, 2010.
- It received an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects.