Love Aaj Kal Movie Cast & Character
Love Aaj Kal Movie Crew
An old-fashioned romantic tells his personal love story to a modern man who has just broken up with his girlfriend. Has love really ever changed?
Love Aaj Kal Movie Details
Also known as: Love Nowadays
Available on: streaming-platform
Theatrical Release Date: July 31, 2009
Budget: ₹35 crore
Worldwide Collection: ₹120 crore
Production & Distribution Company
About Love Aaj Kal Movie
- The shooting of the film started in May 2008 and took place at the railway station of Patiala, Red Fort, Purana Qila, and on the streets of Delhi. Parts were shot in London, San Francisco, and Kolkata.
- The building used as Golden Gate, Inc., in the film is actually the rotunda of San Jose City Hall. The film was not given a title until January 2009, after shooting was complete.
- Love Aaj Kal was produced on a budget of ₹35 crore.
- Love Aaj Kal was released theatrically in India and worldwide on 31 July 2009. The film was critically and commercially successful. It grossed ₹120 crore worldwide, becoming the second-highest-grossing Hindi film of the year. Upon release, it received positive reviews for its novel story, screenplay, direction, dialogues, soundtrack, costumes, cinematography and performances of the cast. Over the years, the film is regarded as a cult film.
- Leading the 55th Filmfare Awards, Love Aaj Kal got 12 nominations including Best Film, Best Director (Ali), Best Actor (Khan) and Best Actress (Padukone). It won Best Lyricist (Kamil for “Aaj Din Chadheya”) and Best Choreography (Bosco–Caesar for “Chor Bazaari”). It was remade in Telugu as Teen Maar (2011).
- A spiritual successor of the same name directed by Ali starring Kartik Aaryan and Sara Ali Khan, was released in 2020.
- The film’s music composed by Pritam turned out a huge evergreen chartbuster.
- The producers of the film agreed to market tie-ups with 2009 ICC World Twenty20, Shoppers Stop, and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance. The apparel worn by the lead cast is exclusively available at Shoppers Stop. With Bajaj Allianz, they have a tie-up to share the special moments where they could win a chance to meet Saif Ali Khan, the protagonist and the producer of the movie.
- The tie-up with the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 was that both Khan and Padukone would be in England before the tournament begins, with Saif expected to commentate on matches for Indian television.