Balakrishna plays a fierce devotee of Lord Shiva, who stands tall against evildoers.
Akhanda Movie Details
Dubbed in: Hindi, Tamil
Available on: streaming-platform
Budget: ₹60–70 crore
Worldwide Collection: ₹200 crore
Production & Distribution Company
About Akhanda Movie
- Nandamuri Balakrishna has a dual role in the film as a Akhanda Rudra Sikandar Aghora and Murali Krishna.
- The film marks the third collaboration between Balakrishna and Boyapati Srinu after Simha (2010) and Legend (2014).
- It was formally launched at a private event held at Hyderabad in December 2019.
- The film was tentatively titled as BB3 and NBK106. In April 2021, the film’s official title was unveiled as Akhanda.
- Principal photography of the film began in March 2020.
- After the filming was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India, the final schedule of the film was resumed in July 2021 at Hyderabad. Few scenes of the film were shot at the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Hyderabad Campus.
- Filming of climax scenes of the film began in end-July 2021 at Tamil Nadu. Most of the action scenes were features Balakrishna and Srikanth. These action scenes were choreographed by Shiva.
- It was reported that the scenes were shot at Gingee Venkataramana Temple in Viluppuram district of Tamil Nadu.
- As part of the final schedule, the team next headed to Goa in September 2021 to shoot songs of the film. Filming was wrapped up in October 2021.
- Released on 2 December 2021, Akhanda opened to mixed reviews from critics and audiences. The film gained popularity because of the soundtrack in the movie. The film became a massive commercial hit grossing over ₹200 crore worldwide, emerging as the second highest-grossing Telugu film of the year and the highest-grossing film in Balakrishna’s career.
- Akhanda was featured at the 53rd International Film Festival of India in the Indian Panorama mainstream section.