Ant-Man Movie (2015):
Ant-Man is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics characters of the same name: Scott Lang and Hank Pym. It is the 12th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and the final film in Phase Two of the MCU.
The film was directed by Peyton Reed from a screenplay by the writing teams of Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish, and Adam McKay and Paul Rudd. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It stars Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man alongside Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Peña, Tip “T.I.” Harris, Anthony Mackie, Wood Harris, Judy Greer, Abby Ryder Fortson, David Dastmalchian, and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym.
Ant-Man held its world premiere in Los Angeles on June 29, 2015, and was released in the United States on July 17, 2015. It grossed more than $519 million worldwide and received positive reviews from critics, who generally welcomed the film’s smaller stakes than other MCU films, as well as its cast (particularly Rudd, Peña, Lilly, and Douglas), humor, and visual effects. A sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp was released in 2018, while a third film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, is scheduled for a February 2023 release.
Ant-Man Movie Information:
|Release Date||June 29, 2015 (Dolby Theatre)|
July 17, 2015 (United States)
|Running Time||1hr 57min|
|Based on||Ant-Man by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Jack Kirby|
Tip “T.I.” Harris
Abby Ryder Fortson
|Screenplay by||Peyton Reed|
|Written by||Edgar Wright|
|Story by||Edgar Wright|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Russell Carpenter|
|Edited by||Dan Lebental|
Colby Parker, Jr.
|Music by||Christophe Beck|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
|Box Office Collection||$519.3 million|
Ant-Man Movie Trailer:
Ant-Man Movie Storyline:
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.—IMDb
Ant-Man Movie Cast and Characters:
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne
- Corey Stoll as Darren Cross / Yellowjacket
- Bobby Cannavale as Jim Paxton
- Michael Peña as Luis
- Tip “T.I.” Harris as Dave
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
- Wood Harris as Gale
- Judy Greer as Maggie: Lang’s estranged former wife.
- Abby Ryder Fortson as Cassie Lang
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
Interesting Facts About Ant-Man Movie:
- Development of Ant-Man began in April 2006 with the hiring of Wright to direct and co-write with Cornish.
- By April 2011, Wright and Cornish had completed three drafts of the script and Wright shot test footage for the film in July 2012.
- Pre-production began in October 2013 after being put on hold so that Wright could complete The World’s End.
- Casting began in December 2013, with the hiring of Rudd to play Lang.
- In May 2014, Wright left the project citing creative differences, though he still received screenplay and story credits with Cornish.
- The following month, Reed was brought in to replace Wright, while McKay was hired to contribute to the script with Rudd.
- Filming took place between August and December 2014 in San Francisco and Metro Atlanta.