Hindi Medium Movie Cast & Character
Hindi Medium Movie Crew
A couple from Chandni Chowk aspire to give their daughter the best education and thus be a part of and accepted by the elite of Delhi.
Hindi Medium Movie Details
Available on: streaming-platform
Theatrical Release Date: May 19, 2017
Budget: ₹14 crore
Worldwide Collection: ₹322.4 crore
Production & Distribution Company
About Hindi Medium Movie
- The idea for the film was created by Chaudhary and his co-writer Zeenat Lakhani during the development of his previous film Shaadi Ke Side Effects (2014). It was shot in Chandni Chowk, Anand Lok, Karol Bagh, and Sangam Vihar.
- Hindi Medium was made on a production budget of ₹14 crore.
- The film was initially scheduled to release on 12 May 2017, but was pushed by a week back, thereby clashing with Half Girlfriend, scheduled for release on the same date. Hindi Medium was declared ‘tax-free’ in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Delhi.
- In February 2018, following the success of Dangal (2016) and Secret Superstar (2017) in China, it was announced that Hindi Medium was to be released in China. Hindi Medium released in China on 4 April 2018 to coincide with the Qingming Festival. The film’s Chinese title is 起跑线 (Qi Pao Xian), which means The Starting Line.
- The film grossed ₹3.22 billion (US$47.08 million) at the worldwide box office (mostly from China), making it the 38th highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- At the 63rd Filmfare Awards, it won Best Film, and Best Actor for Khan. A spiritual successor, Angrezi Medium was released theatrically on 13 March 2020.
- After the success of Hindi Medium, a sequel to the film was planned. On 5 April, the sequel’s title was announced as Angrezi Medium and filming began in Udaipur. This was completed in July. The film was released on 13 March 2020.