Justice League Movie (2017):
Justice League is an American superhero film based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name. It is the fifth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). Directed by Zack Snyder and written by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon. Produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, DC Films, RatPac-Dune Entertainment, Atlas Entertainment, and Cruel and Unusual Films and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
The film features an ensemble cast including Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, and J. K. Simmons. With an estimated production budget of $300 million, Justice League is one of the most expensive films ever made.
Justice League premiered in Los Angeles on November 13, 2017, and was released in the United States on November 17, 2017. The film grossed over $657 million worldwide against an assumed break-even point of $750 million, becoming a box office bomb and losing Warner Bros. Pictures an estimated $60 million. It received generally mixed reviews from critics.
Justice League Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Justice League|
|Release Date||November 13, 2017 (Dolby Theatre)|
November 17, 2017 (United States)
|Based on||Characters from DC|
J. K. Simmons
|Directed by||Zack Snyder|
|Screenplay by||Chris Terrio|
|Story by||Chris Terrio|
|Produced by||Charles Roven|
|Cinematography by||Fabian Wagner|
|Edited by||David Brenner|
|Music by||Danny Elfman|
|Production Company||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Cruel and Unusual Films
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Box Office Collection||$657.9 million|
Justice League Movie Trailer:
Justice League Movie Storyline:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of meta-humans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes-Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash-it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.—IMDb
Justice League Movie Cast and Characters:
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Superman
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / The Flash
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman
- Ray Fisher as Victor Stone / Cyborg
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta
- J. K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon
- Ciarán Hinds as Steppenwolf
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Joe Morton as Silas Stone
Interesting Facts About Justice League Movie:
- Warner Bros. began to develop a live-action Justice League film in 2007 with George Miller set to direct, but the project was canceled due to production delays and budgetary concerns.
- Principal photography took place from April to October 2016.
- After Snyder stepped down from the film following the death of his daughter, Whedon was hired to oversee the remainder of post-production, including writing and directing additional scenes, as well as reshooting a large portion of the film, which changed many aspects of it; Snyder ultimately retained sole credit as director.
- A director’s cut, titled Zack Snyder’s Justice League, was released on HBO Max in March 2021 after fans had begun to advocate for Snyder’s original version of the film since the film’s theatrical release.
- It received generally mixed reviews from critics, with criticism aimed towards the plot, pacing, generic villain, cinematography, and computer-generated imagery, while its humor and light tone were met with polarized responses, although the action sequences and the cast’s performances were praised.
- Whedon’s major involvement during post-production also received harsh criticism, especially from the cast, particularly Gadot, and Fisher.
- Justice League was released on digital download on February 13, 2018, and was released on Blu-ray Disc, Blu-ray 3D, 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray, and DVD on March 13, 2018, in various international markets.
- As of August 20, 2021, it has made $30.4 million in DVD sales and $41.5 million in Blu-ray sales, totaling an estimated $71.9 million in domestic video sales according to The Numbers.