Penduko Movie Trailer, Teaser & Videos
Penduko Movie Poster & Photos
Where to Watch Penduko Movie Online (Stream)
No streaming services was found.
Penduko is based on the Liwayway character, Pedro Penduko, it will serve as a reboot of the character’s various film and television adaptations.
Penduko Movie Details
Based on: Pedro Penduko by Francisco V. Coching
Available on: theatre
Theatrical Release Date: December 25, 2023
Production & Distribution Company
About Penduko Movie
- Penduko is based on the Liwayway character, Pedro Penduko.
- On August 10, 2017, Viva Films announced their intention to make a film reboot of the Pedro Penduko franchise by casting James Reid as Penduko; Reid had previously voiced his interest in portraying the role during the comic book launch of Regene Estolatan’s reimagined Pedro Penduko in August 2016. Nadine Lustre was later cast as Maria Makiling on October 19, 2017.
- Treb Monteras II was initially hired as the film’s director, while Estolatan was hired to write the film’s screenplay.
- On May 31, 2019, Reid was forced to drop out of the film due to a spinal injury. On October 22, 2019, Matteo Guidicelli was announced to have replaced Reid as Penduko for the film, with Laxamana now in the helm as both director and screenwriter and Sonny Sison as fight choreographer.
- Empoy Marquez and child actor Alonzo Muhlach were also cast for the film by this time, with the former to play the regular version of Pedro Penduko. By January 2020, it was revealed that Penduko will be depicted as a Cebuano, similar to Guidicelli.
- On February 25, 2020, Guidicelli began attending an acting workshop with Laxamana and fellow cast members Marquez and Nicole Omillo in preparation for the film’s production.
- Principal photography began on August 21, 2023.
- Penduko was originally slated for release on December 25, 2020 as an entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF). However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the film was delayed indefinitely. In May 2023, Guidicelli confirmed that the film is still in the works. On July 10, 2023, the MMFF announced that Penduko was among the first four films to be accepted as entries to the festival 49th edition on December 25, 2023.