- Thallumaala was announced in October 2019 with Aashiq Abu and Rima Kallingal as the producers. Sushin Shyam would do the music, and Tovino Thomas and Soubin Shahir were announced as the lead actors at that time. Later in February 2020, Muhsin Parari announced that he would do the script part only, and Khalid Rahman would be the film director. Ashiq Usman replaced Aashiq Abu and Rima Kallingal as the producer.
- Soubin Shahir also dropped out of the project and Shine Tom Chacko came as the replacement in February 2020. It was reported that Rex Vijayan and Shahabaz Aman would join as music directors with Sushin Shyam working only on the background score.
- In February 2021, it has been reported that Kalyani Priyadarshan is cast as the heroine of the film.
- Principal photography of the film commenced with a pooja function on 12 October 2021. It was confirmed that Vishnu Vijay will handle music and background score.
- In August 2022, a trailer show was held on the outer wall of Dubai Festival City Mall. The film’s title was written using laser technology on the water fountain. This was the first time that a Malayalam film is drawing a picture in water as part of its promotion.
- On August 10, The cast were supposed to visit the HiLITE Mall in Calicut for the promotion of the movie. However, crowd had turned out in huge numbers at the venue, which made the makers cancel the promotional event.
- A promotional song titled “Manavaalan Thug” written, composed and performed by Dabzee & SA was released on Muzik 247’s YouTube channel on 10 Aug 2022.
- Thallumaala was released worldwide on 12 August 2022 and received positive reviews from critics, where it became the seventh highest-grossing Malayalam film by grossing ₹73 crore (US$9.1 million) worldwide.The satellite and digital rights were sold to Surya TV and Netflix respectively. The film began streaming on Netflix on 11 September 2022.
Where to Watch Thallumaala (Stream)
Trailer, Teaser & Videos
Poster & Photos