The Incredible Hulk Movie (2008):
The Incredible Hulk is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character the Hulk. It is the second film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and part of Phase One of the MCU.
The film was directed by Louis Leterrier from a screenplay by Zak Penn, produced by Marvel Studios, and distributed by Universal Pictures. It stars Edward Norton as Bruce Banner alongside Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt, Tim Blake Nelson, Ty Burrell, and Christina Cabot.
The Incredible Hulk premiered at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California, on June 8, 2008, and was released in the United States on June 13, 2008. It received praise for its action sequences and was considered an improvement over the 2003 film, but it was criticized as lacking in depth. The film grossed $264.8 million worldwide, making it the lowest-grossing film of the MCU. Norton disagreed with Marvel over the final edit of the film and was replaced in the role of Banner by Mark Ruffalo for future MCU content starting with The Avengers in 2012.
The Incredible Hulk Movie Information:
|Movie Name||The Incredible Hulk|
|Release Date||June 8, 2008 (Gibson Amphitheatre)|
June 13, 2008 (United States)
|Running Time||1hr 52min|
|Based on||Hulk by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby|
Tim Blake Nelson
|Directed by||Louis Leterrier|
|Written by||Zak Penn|
|Produced by||Avi Arad|
Gale Anne Hurd
|Cinematography by||Peter Menzies Jr.|
|Edited by||John Wright|
|Music by||Craig Armstrong|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
Valhalla Motion Pictures
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Box Office Collection||$264.8 million|
The Incredible Hulk Movie Trailer:
The Incredible Hulk Movie Storyline:
Depicting the events after the Gamma Bomb. ‘The Incredible Hulk’ tells the story of Dr Bruce Banner, who seeks a cure to his unique condition, which causes him to turn into a giant green monster under emotional stress. Whilst on the run from military which seeks his capture, Banner comes close to a cure. But all is lost when a new creature emerges: The Abomination.-IMDb
The Incredible Hulk Movie Cast and Characters:
- Edward Norton as Bruce Banner
- Liv Tyler as Betty Ross
- Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky
- William Hurt as General ‘Thunderbolt’ Ross
- Tim Blake Nelson as Samuel Sterns
- Ty Burrell as Leonard
- Christina Cabot as Major Kathleen Sparr
- Peter Mensah as General Joe Greller
- Lou Ferrigno as Voice of The Incredible Hulk
- Paul Soles as Stanley
- Débora Nascimento as Martina
- Greg Bryk as Commando
- Chris Owens as Commando
- Al Vrkljan as Commando(as Alan Vrkljan)
- Adrian Hein as Commando
- John MacDonald as Commando
- Shaun McComb as Helicopter Soldier
- Simon Wong as Grad Student
Interesting Facts About The Incredible Hulk Movie:
- After the mixed reception to Universal’s 2003 film Hulk, Marvel Studios reacquired the rights to the character though Universal retained distribution rights.
- Leterrier, who had expressed interest in directing Iron Man for Marvel, was brought on board and Penn began work on a script that would be much closer to the comics and the 1978 television series of the same name.
- In April 2007, Norton was hired to portray Banner and to rewrite Penn’s screenplay. His script positioned the film as a reboot of the series, distancing it from the 2003 film to give the new version its own identity. Norton was ultimately not credited for his writing.
- Filming took place from July to November 2007, primarily in Toronto, Canada, with additional filming in New York City and Rio de Janeiro.
- Over 700 visual effects shots were created in post-production using a combination of motion capture and computer-generated imagery to complete the film.