The Avengers Movie (2012):
Marvel’s The Avengers or simply The Avengers, is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. It is the sixth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and the final film in Phase One of the MCU.
The film was written and directed by Joss Whedon and produced by Kevin Feige under the banner of Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The film features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner as the Avengers, alongside Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, and Samuel L. Jackson.
The Avengers premiered in Los Angeles on April 11, 2012, and was released in the United States on May 4. The film received praise for Whedon’s direction and screenplay, visual effects, action sequences, acting, and musical score. The film grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide, setting numerous box office records and becoming the third-highest-grossing film of all time at the time of its release and the highest-grossing film of 2012, as well as the first Marvel production to generate $1 billion in ticket sales.
Three sequels have been released: Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
The Avengers Movie Information:
|Movie Name||The Avengers|
|Also known as||Marvel’s The Avengers|
|Release Date||April 11, 2012 (El Capitan Theatre)|
May 4, 2012 (United States)
|Running Time||2hr 23min|
|Based on||Avengers by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby|
|Starring||Robert Downey Jr.|
Samuel L. Jackson
|Directed by||Joss Whedon|
|Screenplay by||Joss Whedon|
|Story by||Zak Penn|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Seamus McGarvey|
|Edited by||Jeffrey Ford|
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
|Box Office Collection||$1.519 billion|
The Avengers Movie Trailer:
The Avengers Movie Storyline:
Loki, the adopted brother of Thor, teams-up with the Chitauri Army and uses the Tesseract’s power to travel from Asgard to Midgard to plot the invasion of Earth and become a king. The director of the agency S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury, sets in motion project Avengers, joining Tony Stark a.k.a. the Iron Man; Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America; Bruce Banner, a.k.a. The Hulk; Thor; Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow; and Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, to save the world from the powerful Loki and the alien invasion.
The Avengers Movie Cast and Characters:
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Stellan Skarsgård as Erik Selvig
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson
- Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill
- Stellan Skarsgård as Selvig
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Paul Bettany as Jarvis(voice)
- Alexis Denisof as The Other
- Tina Benko as NASA Scientist
- Jerzy Skolimowski as Georgi Luchkov
- Kirill Nikiforov as Weaselly Thug
- Jeff Wolfe as Tall Thug
Interesting Facts About The Avengers Movie:
- The film’s development began when Marvel Studios received a loan from Merrill Lynch in April 2005. After the success of the film Iron Man in May 2008, Marvel announced that The Avengers would be released in July 2011 and would bring together Tony Stark (Downey), Steve Rogers (Evans), Bruce Banner (Ruffalo), and Thor (Hemsworth) from Marvel’s previous films.
- Production began in April 2011 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, before moving to Cleveland, Ohio in August and New York City in September.
- The film has more than 2,200 visual effects shots.
- In 2017, The Avengers was featured as one of the 100 greatest films of all time in an Empire magazine poll.
- It received a nomination for Best Visual Effects at the 85th Academy Awards, among numerous other accolades.