Avengers: Infinity War Movie (2018):
Avengers: Infinity War is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers. It is the sequel to The Avengers (2012) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), and the 19th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), as part of Phase Three of the MCU.
The film was directed by Anthony and Joe Russo and written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Produced by Kevin Feige under the banner of Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The film features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldaña, Josh Brolin, and Chris Pratt.
Avengers: Infinity War premiered in Los Angeles on April 23, 2018, and was released in the United States on April 27. The film received praise for Brolin’s performance, visual effects, action sequences, and emotional weight. The film was made on an estimated budget of $325–400 million, the film is one of the most expensive films ever made and grossed $2.052 billion worldwide and becoming the highest-grossing film of 2018 and the fourth-highest-grossing film of all time both worldwide and in the United States and Canada. A sequel, Avengers: Endgame, was released in April 2019.
Avengers: Infinity War Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Avengers: Infinity War|
|Release Date||April 23, 2018 (Dolby Theatre)|
April 27, 2018 (United States)
|Running Time||2hr 29min|
|Based on||Avengers by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby|
|Starring||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Directed by||Anthony Russo|
|Screenplay by||Christopher Markus|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Trent Opaloch|
|Edited by||Jeffrey Ford|
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
|Box Office Collection||$2.052 billion|
Avengers: Infinity War Movie Trailer:
Avengers: Infinity War Movie Storyline:
In the film, the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy attempt to prevent Thanos from collecting the six all-powerful Infinity Stones as part of his quest to kill half of all life in the universe.
Avengers: Infinity War Movie Cast and Characters:
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man:
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Idris Elba as Heimdall
- Peter Dinklage as Eitri
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
- Zoe Saldaña as Gamora
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Benicio del Toro as Taneleer Tivan / The Collector
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
Interesting Facts About Avengers: Infinity War Movie:
- The film was announced in October 2014 as Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1.
- The Russo brothers came on board to direct in April 2015, and a month later Markus and McFeely signed on to write the script for the film, which draws inspiration from Jim Starlin’s 1991 comic book The Infinity Gauntlet and Jonathan Hickman’s 2013 comic book Infinity.
- In 2016, Marvel shortened the title to Avengers: Infinity War.
- Filming began in January 2017 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, with a large cast consisting mostly of actors reprising their roles from previous MCU films, including Brolin as Thanos.
- The production lasted until July 2017, shooting back-to-back with a direct sequel, Avengers: Endgame (2019). Additional filming took place in Scotland, the Downtown Atlanta area, and New York City.
- The film was the fourth film and the first superhero film to gross over $2 billion worldwide
- It received a nomination for Best Visual Effects at the 91st Academy Awards, among numerous other accolades.
- By the week of October 16, Infinity War had generated over 679,000 total social media conversations.
- The trailer was viewed 230 million times in its first 24 hours, becoming the most viewed trailer in that time period, surpassing the record of It.
- The second trailer was viewed 179 million times in the first 24 hours, the third-most viewed trailer in that time period, behind the first trailer for the film and It, while also becoming the biggest release for a second trailer, surpassing Beauty and the Beast (2017) (128 million views).