Thor: Ragnarok Movie (2017):
Thor: Ragnarok (Also known as Thor 3) is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Thor. It is the sequel to Thor (2011) and Thor: The Dark World (2013), and is the 17th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), and part of Phase Three of the MCU.
The film was directed by Taika Waititi from a screenplay by Eric Pearson and the writing team of Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It stars Chris Hemsworth as Thor alongside Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, and Anthony Hopkins.
Thor: Ragnarok premiered in Los Angeles on October 10, 2017, and was released in the United States on November 3, 2017. The film received praise for its acting and Waititi’s direction, as well as the action sequences, visual effects, musical score, and humor, with many critics considering it to be the best installment of the Thor franchise. It grossed $854 million, becoming the highest-grossing film of the series and the ninth-highest-grossing film of 2017. A sequel, Thor: Love and Thunder, was released on July 8, 2022.
Thor: Ragnarok Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Thor: Ragnarok|
|Release Date||October 10, 2017 (El Capitan Theatre)|
November 3, 2017 (United States)
|Running Time||2hr 10 min|
|Based on||Thor by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Jack Kirby|
|Directed by||Taika Waititi|
|Written by||Eric Pearson|
Christopher L. Yost
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Javier Aguirresarobe|
|Edited by||Joel Negron|
|Music by||Mark Mothersbaugh|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
|Box Office Collection||$854 million|
Thor: Ragnarok Movie Trailer:
Thor: Ragnarok Movie Storyline:
Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth) finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that puts him against The Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), his former ally and fellow Avenger. Thor’s quest for survival leads him in a race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela (Cate Blanchett) from destroying his home world and the Asgardian civilization.—IMDb
Thor: Ragnarok Movie Cast and Characters:
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Cate Blanchett as Hela
- Idris Elba as Heimdall
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
- Karl Urban as Skurge
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
- Anthony Hopkins as Odin
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange
- Taika Waititi as Korg(voice)
- Rachel House as Topaz
- Clancy Brown as Surtur(voice)
- Tadanobu Asano as Hogun
- Ray Stevenson as Volstagg
- Zachary Levi as Fandral
- Georgia Blizzard as Asgardian Date #1
- Amali Golden as Asgardian Date #2
Interesting Facts About Thor: Ragnarok Movie:
- A third Thor film was confirmed in January 2014, when Kyle and Yost began work on the screenplay.
- The involvement of Hemsworth and Hiddleston was announced that October.
- Waititi joined the film as director a year later, after Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor chose not to return. Ruffalo joined the cast reprising the role of Hulk from previous MCU films, which allowed elements of the 2006 comic storyline “Planet Hulk” to be adapted for Ragnarok.
- The rest of the cast, including Blanchett as Hela, was confirmed in May 2016, with Pearson’s involvement revealed at the start of filming that July.
- Principal photography took place in Brisbane and Sydney, Australia, with the film also having exclusive use of Village Roadshow Studios in Oxenford, concluding in October 2016.