Tiger Zinda Hai Movie (2017):
Tiger Zinda Hai (Translation: Tiger Is Alive) is a Hindi spy action-thriller film written and directed by Ali Abbas Zafar from a story by Zafar and Neelesh Misra; produced by Aditya Chopra under Yash Raj Films. The film is the sequel to Ek Tha Tiger (2012) and the second in the Tiger franchise, and also the second installment in the YRF Spy Universe. The film stars Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif reprising their roles from the predecessor alongside Angad Bedi, Sajjad Delafrooz, Kumud Mishra, Nawab Shah, Ivan Rodrigues, Girish Karnad and Paresh Rawal. In Tiger Zinda Hai, Avinash “Tiger” Singh Rathore (Khan) and Zoya Humaini-Rathore (Kaif) must come out of hiding to save hostages held by a militant terrorist organization in Iraq.
A sequel was conceived following the success of Ek Tha Tiger but faced a number of delays after the writer and director of the first film, Kabir Khan, refused to return for a sequel; Zafar was subsequently hired to write and direct, and the film’s story draws inspiration from the 2014 abduction of Indian nurses by ISIL. By 2016, pre-production had begun on the film, and filming concluded by 2017, with filming locations including Abu Dhabi, Austria, Greece, and Morocco. With a budget of ₹150 crore (US$23.03 million) it was the one of the most expensive Hindi films ever made at time of its release.
Tiger Zinda Hai was theatrically released worldwide by Yash Raj Films on 22 December 2017. It received generally positive reviews from critics for its action sequences and cast performances. Like its predecessor, it set numerous box-office records during its theatrical run, grossing over ₹565.1 crore (US$86.78 million) worldwide, becoming the 13th highest-grossing Indian film. It also set the record for highest opening weekend for a Hindi-language film, with ₹114 crore (US$17.51 million). At the 63rd Filmfare Awards, Tiger Zinda Hai won for Best Action. The third installment in the franchise, Tiger 3 is slated to release on Diwali 2023.
Tiger Zinda Hai Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Tiger Zinda Hai|
|Release Date||22 December 2017|
|Running Time||2hr 42min|
|Directed by||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|Written by||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|Story by||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|Produced by||Aditya Chopra|
|Cinematography by||Marcin Laskawiec|
|Edited by||Rameshwar S. Bhagat|
|Music by||Songs: Vishal–Shekhar|
Score: Julius Packiam
|Production Company||Yash Raj Films|
|Distributed by||Yash Raj Films|
|Box Office Collection||₹565.1 crore|
Tiger Zinda Hai Movie Trailer:
Tiger Zinda Hai Movie Storyline:
Inspired by real events, Tiger Zinda Hai is a sequel to the blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger, and an espionage action thriller that follows a daring rescue mission in Iraq. When a group of Indian and Pakistani nurses are held hostage in Iraq by the militant Abu Usman, Indian intelligence (RAW) tracks down the reclusive agent Tiger 8 years after he fled with former Pakistani intelligence (ISI) agent Zoya. Joining forces in the name of humanity, Tiger and Zoya lead a team of RAW and ISI agents to covertly enter the hospital where the nurses are trapped, and get the nurses to safety before an American airstrike blows up the hospital. Tiger Zinda Hai is an all out entertainer with gritty action, music and thrill.
Tiger Zinda Hai Movie Cast and Characters:
- Salman Khan as Avinash Singh “Tiger” Rathore / Manish Chandra (Fake Name), a former RAW agent in hiding with his wife, Zoya
- Katrina Kaif as Zoya, an ISI agent in hiding with her husband, Tiger
- Sajjad Delafrooz as Abu Usman, the leader of the ISC, an Iraqi terrorist group
- Girish Karnad as Shenoy, the chief of RAW.
- Paresh Rawal as Firdaus, an undercover RAW agent from Saharanpur, U.P posing as an ISC sympathiser, Tohbaan
- Kumud Mishra as Rakesh Prasad Chaurasia, a hacker for RAW
- Angad Bedi as Namit Khanna, a RAW agent who is a bombs expert
- Paresh Pahuja as Azaan Akbar, a sniper for RAW
- Anant Vidhaat Sharma as Karan, a RAW agent
- Gavie Chahal as Captain Abrar, an ISI agent
- Danish Bhatt as Captain Javed, an ISI agent
- Anupriya Goenka as Poorna, a hostage nurse
- Neha Hinge as Maria, a hostage nurse
- Kashmira Irani as Sana, a hostage nurse
- Nawab Shah as Pawan, an undercover RAW agent and Tiger’s handler in Iraq
- Sal Yusuf as Amir Baghdawi, an ISC member and Usman’s second-in-command.
- Sartaaj Kakkar as Junior, Tiger and Zoya’s son
- Jineet Rath as Hassan, Tiger’s adopted child from Iraq
- Ivan Rodrigues as India’s Ambassador to Iraq
- Siddhartha Basu as Indian External Affairs Minister