Tiger Zinda Hai Movie Details:
|Tiger Zinda Hai
|22 December 2017
|Ali Abbas Zafar
|Ali Abbas Zafar
Ali Abbas Zafar
|Rameshwar S. Bhagat
|Yash Raj Films
|Yash Raj Films
|Box Office Collection
Tiger Zinda Hai Movie Cast and Characters:
- Salman Khan as Avinash “Tiger” Singh Rathore / Manish Chandra (fake), a former RAW agent in hiding with his wife, Zoya
- Katrina Kaif as Zoya Nazar Jung Humaimi-Rathore, an ISI agent in hiding with her husband, Tiger
- Sajjad Delafrooz as Abu Usman, the leader of the ISC, an Iraqi terrorist group
- Girish Karnad as Ajit Shenoy, the chief of RAW
- Paresh Rawal as Firdaus, an undercover RAW agent from Saharanpur, UP posing as an ISC sympathiser, Tohbaan
- Kumud Mishra as Rakesh Prasad Chaurasia, a hacker for RAW
- Angad Bedi as Captain Namit Khanna, a RAW agent who is a bomb disposal expert
- Paresh Pahuja as Major Azaan Akbar, a sniper for RAW (from the Ghatak Force)
- Anant Vidhaat Sharma as Karan Rao, Shenoy’s assistant in RAW
- Gavie Chahal as Captain Abrar Sheikh, an ISI agent
- Danish Bhatt as Captain Javed Baig, an ISI agent
- Anupriya Goenka as Poorna, a hostage nurse
- Neha Hinge as Maria, a hostage nurse
- Kashmira Irani as Sana, a hostage nurse
- Nawab Shah as Pawan, an undercover RAW agent and Tiger’s handler in Iraq
- Sal Yusuf as Amir Al-Baghdawi, an ISC member and Usman’s second-in-command
- Sartaaj Kakkar as Junior, Tiger and Zoya’s son
- Jineet Rath as Hassan Ali, Tiger’s adopted child from Iraq
- Ivan Rodrigues as Ambassador of India to Iraq
- Siddhartha Basu as Indian External Affairs Minister
- Tyler Gowardhan as James Forward
- Steve Lorrigan as Adam Kerry, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Inspired by real events, Tiger Zinda Hai is a sequel to the blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger, and an espionage action thriller that follows a daring rescue mission in Iraq. When a group of Indian and Pakistani nurses are held hostage in Iraq by the militant Abu Usman, Indian intelligence (RAW) tracks down the reclusive agent Tiger 8 years after he fled with former Pakistani intelligence (ISI) agent Zoya. Joining forces in the name of humanity, Tiger and Zoya lead a team of RAW and ISI agents to covertly enter the hospital where the nurses are trapped, and get the nurses to safety before an American airstrike blows up the hospital. Tiger Zinda Hai is an all out entertainer with gritty action, music and thrill.
About Tiger Zinda Hai Movie:
- Tiger Zinda Hai is the sequel to Ek Tha Tiger (2012) and the second installment in the YRF Spy Universe.
- A sequel was conceived following the success of Ek Tha Tiger, but faced a number of delays after the writer and director of the first film, Kabir Khan, refused to return for a sequel; Zafar was subsequently hired to write and direct, and the film’s story draws inspiration from the 2014 abduction of Indian nurses by ISIL.
- By 2016, pre-production had begun on the film, and filming concluded by 2017, with filming locations including Abu Dhabi, Austria, Greece, and Morocco.
- With a budget of ₹120 crore (US$18.43 million) it was one of the most expensive Hindi films ever made at the time of its release.
- At the 63rd Filmfare Awards, Tiger Zinda Hai won for Best Action.
- The film’s trailer was released on 6 November 2017. Within 24 hours, it broke many records for Hindi film trailers on YouTube, with more than 29 million views, 480 thousand likes and 250 thousand shares.
- Tiger Zinda Hai was theatrically released worldwide by Yash Raj Films on 22 December 2017. It received generally positive reviews from critics for its action sequences and cast performances. Like its predecessor, it set numerous box-office records during its theatrical run, grossing over ₹565.1 crore (US$86.78 million) worldwide, becoming the 13th highest-grossing Indian film. It also set the record for highest opening weekend for a Hindi-language film, with ₹114 crore (US$17.51 million).
- The third installment in the franchise, Tiger 3 is slated to release on Diwali 2023.