Welcome Movie Cast & Character
Welcome Movie Crew
A man falls in love with a beautiful woman, but later discovers that her brothers are gangsters.
Welcome Movie Details
Available on: streaming-platform
Theatrical Release Date: December 21, 2007
Budget: ₹32 crore
Worldwide Collection: ₹117.91 crore
Production & Distribution Company
About Welcome Movie
- Welcome marked the last screen appearance of Feroz Khan who died in 2009.
- Budgeted at ₹320 million (US$4.0 million) which includes making and marketing costs, Welcome was distributed by UTV Motion Pictures.
- It was theatrically released worldwide on 21 December 2007, coinciding with the Christmas festival. The film received mostly mixed to positive reviews from critics leading to stiff competition with Aamir Khan’s Taare Zameen Par. Nevertheless, Welcome was a major commercial success and went on to become the second highest grossing hindi film of the year with global revenues of ₹1.22 billion (US$15 million).
- The film is the first installment of the Welcome series and spawned a sequel, Welcome Back in 2015 that also became a commercial success.
- According to The Hindu, the film’s climax scene is a rip-off from the 1990 Tamil film Michael Madana Kama Rajan.