2.0 Movie (2018):
2.0 is a Tamil science fiction action film directed by S. Shankar who co-wrote the film with B. Jeyamohan and Madhan Karky. Produced by Subaskaran under the banner of Lyca Productions. As the second installment in the Enthiran franchise, 2.0 is a standalone sequel to Enthiran (2010).
It stars Rajinikanth reprising the roles of Vaseegaran and Chitti the Robot, alongside Akshay Kumar as Pakshi Rajan and Amy Jackson as Nila. also Sudhanshu Pandey, Adil Hussain, Kalabhavan Shajohn, and K. Ganesh appear in supporting roles. The soundtrack is composed by A. R. Rahman, with lyrics written by Madhan Karky and Na. Muthukumar.
The film is the first in Indian cinema to be natively shot in 3D, which was done by cinematographer Nirav Shah. The film was primarily shot in Tamil while Akshay Kumar and some actors’ dialogues were shot in Hindi. Legacy Effects made their return to construct prosthetic makeup and animatronics, with visual effects supervised by V. Srinivas Mohan. Editing was handled by Anthony and production design was conducted by T. Muthuraj.
2.0 was released worldwide in both 3D and conventional format on 29 November 2018, along with its Hindi and Telugu dubbed version. It received mostly positive reviews with praise directed towards the film’s storyline, visual effects, performances of Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar, direction, action sequences and social message although received some criticism for its screenplay, music and humour.
2.0 Movie Information:
|Release Date||29 November 2018|
|Running Time||2hr 27min|
|Directed by||S. Shankar|
|Written by||S. Shankar|
Madhan Karky (dialogues)
|Produced by||A. Subaskaran|
|Cinematography by||Nirav Shah|
|Music by||A. R. Rahman|
|Production Company||Lyca Productions|
|Distributed by||Lyca Productions|
|Box Office Collection||est. ₹655.81–800 crore|
2.0 Movie Trailer:
2.0 Movie Storyline (Plot/Synopsis):
8 years after Chitti was dismantled due to the destruction he caused. Vaseegaran has created a new human-robot Nila which can understand human feelings better. Cell phones in the city start to disappear from everywhere. A creature in the form of a bird creates havoc in the city causing destruction. Vaseegaran believes it to be the fifth element force and decides to get Chitti back in action. When Vaseegaran traces the location of missing cellphones with help of Chitti and Nila he finds that its not the fifth force but a human force done by late professor Pakshi Rajan.
2.0 Movie Cast and Characters:
- Rajinikanth in triple roles as
- Dr. Vaseegaran, a robotics scientist who created a sophisticated humanoid in his likeness with a desire to commission it into the Indian Army. He introduced the robot as Chitti.
- Chitti, an advanced “andro-humanoid” robot. It was designed with a speed capacity of 1 Terahertz (Hz) and a memory capacity of 1 Zettabyte. He is seen in the franchise as the 1.0 version and the 2.0 version.
- Chitti 3.0, a.k.a. Kutti a microbot created by Chitti 2.0, that can transform and disguise itself as a mobile phone.
- Akshay Kumar as Pakshi Rajan
- An ornithologist who operated a bird sanctuary, Pakshi Rajan protests excessive use of mobile phones fearing that high-frequency electromagnetic radiation from cell sites is threatening avian life. He reports it to Jayanth, the telecommunications minister, and Manoj, but they disregard the matter intentionally. Deeply frustrated, Pakshi hangs himself to death from a cell tower. Now his aura, combined with the negative energy of deceased birds, can control cell phones with electromagnetic radiation, which happens to be considered a fifth force.
- Amy Jackson as Nila
- A domestic and feminine humanoid robot created by Vaseegaran, whose name is a contraction of “Nice, Intelligent, Lovely Assistant”. This robot is meant to be a friend, helper, and caretaker. It can drive, perform forensic analysis, jump walls and disable electronic alarms. Later, it falls in love with Chitti.
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Dhinendra “Dhina” Bohra
- A scientist and the son of Dr. Bohra, who was once killed by Chitti. After his father’s death, Dhina assumes the robot to be Vaseegaran’s alter-ego and wishes to take revenge on him. He happens to be the first person to voice against the reinstatement of Chitti in the government meeting. Later, he also becomes jealous of Chitti’s resurgence and, sneaking into the AIRD Institute, he frees Pakshi’s aura from the containment circuit, only to be killed by him later for being a cellphone user.
- Adil Hussain as Minister S. Vijay Kumar
- The Home Minister who gives unofficial permission to Vaseegaran for Chitti’s reactivation.
- Ishari K. Ganesh as Jayanth Kumar
- Kalabhavan Shajohn as Vaira Moorthy, Minister of Telecommunications
- Kaizaad Kotwal as Manoj Lulla
- Anant Mahadevan as Head of the meeting
- Mayilsamy as Balu, the personal assistant of Vaira Moorthy
- Michael Muthu as a police officer
- Priya Prince as Pakshi Rajan’s mother
- Mayur Bansiwal as Pakshi Rajan’s father
- Sanchana Natarajan as a student visiting Vaseegaran’s lab
- Maya S. Krishnan as a student visiting Vaseegaran’s lab
- Md Jakir Hossain as police
- Murali Satagopan as a student visiting Vaseegaran’s lab
- Avijit Dutt as Dr. Sam
- Adithya Shivpink as a Mobile phone user
- Anitha Sampath as a newsreader
- Aishwarya Rai as Sana Vaseegaran (voice cameo) (Tamil and Telugu voiceover by Savitha Reddy)
2.0 Movie Soundtrack:
The soundtrack is composed by A. R. Rahman, with lyrics written by Madhan Karky and Na. Muthukumar.
2.0 Movie Budget:
2.0 is produced on an estimated budget of ₹500 crore (US$63 million) to ₹570 crore (US$71 million). It is the second most expensive Indian film to date and the most expensive Indian film at the time of its release.