2.0 Movie Details:
|Also known as
|Sci-Fi, Action, Thriller
|November 29, 2018
|Screenplay & Story:
|A. R. Rahman
NVR Cinema LLP
|Box Office Collection
|₹699.89 crore (estimated)
2.0 Movie Cast and Characters:
- Rajinikanth as Dr. Vaseegaran, Chitti and Kutti (triple role)
- Akshay Kumar as Pakshi Rajan
- Amy Jackson as Nila
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Dhinendra “Dhina” Bohra
- Adil Hussain as Minister S. Vijay Kumar and Sachin Shivalia
- Ishari K. Ganesh as Jayanth Kumar
- Kalabhavan Shajohn as Vaira Moorthy
- Kaizaad Kotwal as Manoj Lulla
- Anant Mahadevan as Head of the meeting
- Mayilsamy as Balu, the personal assistant of Vaira Moorthy
- Michael Muthu as a police officer
8 years after Chitti was dismantled due to the destruction he caused. Vaseegaran has created a new human-robot Nila which can understand human feelings better. Cell phones in the city start to disappear from everywhere. A creature in the form of a bird creates havoc in the city causing destruction. Vaseegaran believes it to be the fifth element force and decides to get Chitti back in action. When Vaseegaran traces the location of missing cellphones with help of Chitti and Nila he finds that its not the fifth force but a human force done by late professor Pakshi Rajan.
About 2.0 Movie:
- 2.0 (Enthiran 2) is the second installment in the Enthiran film series, 2.0 is a standalone sequel to Enthiran (2010).
- The film was produced on an estimated budget of ₹400–600 crore, 2.0 is the most expensive Indian film at the time of its release and one of the most expensive till date.
- Production began in 2015, with principal photography conducted at AVM Studios later that year. The first schedule was filmed at EVP World. Scenes were primarily shot in India, particularly in Chennai’s Madras Boat Club and Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Filming was completed by August 2017.
- The film is the first in Indian cinema to be natively shot in 3D, which was done by cinematographer Nirav Shah. The film was primarily shot in Tamil while Akshay Kumar and some actors’ dialogues were shot in Hindi.
- Legacy Effects made their return to construct prosthetic makeup and animatronics, with visual effects supervised by V. Srinivas Mohan. Editing was handled by Anthony and production design was conducted by T. Muthuraj.
- The movie earned over ₹100 crore (US$14.62 million) worldwide on its first day, which was the fourth-highest ever for an Indian film. The film crossed ₹520 crore (US$76.04 million) in its opening weekend to be the highest-grossing film worldwide for that week and the worldwide collection was ₹615.74–800 crore after end of four weeks. 2.0 is currently the seventh highest-grossing film in India, the tenth highest-grossing Indian film worldwide, and one of the highest-grossing Tamil films worldwide.
- 2.0 is the all-time industry hit of Tamil Cinema till date and it is the first film from the industry to cross 500, 600, 700, and 800 crores which makes a unique and special feat of this movie.
- The movie was screened for school students in Nepal because of its scientific content.
- 2.0 was released worldwide in both 3D and conventional format on 30 November 2018, along with its Hindi and Telugu dubbed version. It received mostly positive reviews, with praise directed towards the film’s storyline, direction, performances of Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar, visual effects, action sequences, soundtrack, and social message, although the screenplay received some criticism.