Aquaman Movie Details:
|Characters from DC
|Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Superhero
|November 26, 2018 (Empire, Leicester Square)
December 21, 2018 (United States)
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
|David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick
|Warner Bros. Pictures
The Safran Company
Cruel and Unusual Films
Mad Ghost Productions
|Warner Bros. Pictures
|Box Office Collection
Aquaman Movie Cast & Characters:
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko
- Patrick Wilson as Orm Marius / Ocean Master
- Dolph Lundgren as Nereus
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta
- Ludi Lin as Captain Murk
- Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry
- Nicole Kidman as Atlanna
- Randall Park as Doctor Stephen Shin
- Graham McTavish as King Atlan
- Michael Beach as Jessie
Born upon the shores of the surface world, Arthur Curry (Jason Momoa) discovers that he is only half human, with the other half of his blood being of Atlanteean descent, thus making him the rightful heir to the throne of the undersea kingdom of Atlantis. However, Arthur learns that Atlantis is being ruled by his malicious half-brother Orm (Patrick Wilson), who seeks to unite the seven underwater kingdoms and wage war upon the surface. With aid from Nuidis Vulko (Willem Dafoe) and the gorgeous Mera (Amber Heard), Arthur must discover the full potential of his true destiny and become Aquaman in order to save Atlantis and the surface from Orm’s evil plot.
About Aquaman Movie:
- Aquaman is an American superhero film based on the DC character of the same name. Co-produced and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is the sixth film in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film was directed by James Wan from a screenplay by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and Will Beall.
- It stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman, who sets out to lead the underwater kingdom of Atlantis and stop his half-brother, King Orm (Patrick Wilson) from uniting the seven underwater kingdoms to destroy the surface world. Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Nicole Kidman appear in supporting roles.
- Development began in 2004 but did not gain traction until Man of Steel was released in 2013. In August 2014, Beall and Kurt Johnstad were hired to write competing scripts.
- James Wan signed on as director in April 2015, and in July 2016, the film moved forward with Beall’s screenplay. The main cast was confirmed through 2016 and early 2017.
- Principal photography began in Australia in May 2017, taking place at Village Roadshow Studios on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, with additional production teams in Canada, Italy and Morocco. Filming concluded the following October. Several vendors provided visual effects, ranging from high-detail hair simulations to the creation of CGI animals and locations.
- Aquaman premiered in London on November 26, 2018, and was released in the United States on December 21. While the film received mixed reviews from critics.
- It grossed $1.152 billion worldwide, making it the highest-grossing DCEU film, the highest-grossing film based on a DC Comics character, the fifth-highest-grossing film of 2018, and the 20th highest-grossing film of all time. A non-canonical animated miniseries set after the film, Aquaman: King of Atlantis, aired from October 14 to October 28, 2021, while a live-action sequel film, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, was released on December 22, 2023.