Captain America: Civil War Movie (2016):
Captain America: Civil War is an American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Captain America. It is the sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), the 13th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and the first film in Phase Three of the MCU.
The film was directed by Anthony and Joe Russo from a screenplay by the writing team of Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and produced by Marvel Studios, and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America alongside an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Emily VanCamp, Marisa Tomei, Tom Holland, Frank Grillo, Martin Freeman, William Hurt, and Daniel Brühl.
Captain America: Civil War held its world premiere in Los Angeles on April 12, 2016, and was released in the United States on May 6. With a production budget of $250 million, the film become one of the most expensive Marvel movies of all time and the film was a commercial success, grossing over $1.1 billion worldwide, becoming the highest-grossing film of 2016, and receiving positive reviews, including praise for the performances (particularly Evans and Downey), action sequences, and themes. A fourth film, Captain America: New World Order, is set for release in May 2024. It is a continuation of Marvel Studios’ Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021), following Mackie’s Sam Wilson as Captain America.
Captain America: Civil War Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Captain America: Civil War|
|Release Date||April 12, 2016 (Dolby Theatre)|
May 6, 2016 (United States)
|Running Time||2hr 27min|
|Based on||Captain America by Joe Simon, Jack Kirby|
Robert Downey Jr.
|Directed by||Anthony Russo|
|Screenplay by||Christopher Markus|
|Produced by||Kevin Feige|
|Cinematography by||Trent Opaloch|
|Edited by||Jeffrey Ford|
|Music by||Henry Jackman|
|Production Company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
|Box Office Collection||$1.153 billion|
Captain America: Civil War Movie Trailer:
Captain America: Civil War Movie Storyline:
With many people fearing the actions of super heroes, the government decides to push for the Hero Registration Act, a law that limits a hero’s actions. This results in a division in The Avengers. Iron Man stands with this Act, claiming that their actions must be kept in check otherwise cities will continue to be destroyed, but Captain America feels that saving the world is daring enough and that they cannot rely on the government to protect the world. This escalates into an all-out war between Team Iron Man (Iron Man, Black Panther, Vision, Black Widow, War Machine, and Spider-Man) and Team Captain America (Captain America, Bucky Barnes, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Ant Man) while a new villain emerges.— IMDb
Captain America: Civil War Movie Cast and Characters:
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow
- Martin Freeman as Everett K. Ross
- William Hurt as Thaddeus Ross
- Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo
Interesting Facts About Captain America: Civil War Movie:
- Development of Civil War began in late 2013 when Markus and McFeely began writing the screenplay, which borrows concepts from the 2006 comic book storyline “Civil War” while also focusing on story and character elements from the previous Captain America films to conclude the trilogy.
- Following positive reactions to The Winter Soldier, the Russo brothers were brought back to direct in early 2014.
- The film’s title and premise were revealed in October 2014, along with Downey’s involvement as Stark; additional cast members joined in the following months.
- Principal photography began in April 2015 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, and continued in the Metro Atlanta area before concluding in Germany in August 2015, with the film being the first to use IMAX’s digital 2D cameras (for the film’s central airport fight sequence). Visual effects were provided by nearly 20 different studios.