- It is the first part of Chhakka Panja series.
- The directorial debut of Deepa Shree Niraula.
- Chhakka Panja was theatrically released on 9 September 2016. The film received highly positive reviews for its screenplay and story, performances, humor, and its social setting and message.
- The film was an ” All Time Blockbuster ” at the box office breaking several records at the box office was the highest-grossing Nepali film of all time until it was overtaken by its 3rd part. However, due to piracy problems, the movie was released on YouTube. Due to piracy, the international screening of the movie was highly affected.
- The film had three sequels:- Chhakka Panja 2, Chhakka Panja 3, and Chhakka Panja 4, all these films became commercial blockbusters. Thus, it is the highest-grossing Nepali movie franchise.
- Chakka Panja is considered as one of the best Nepali films ever made and one of the finest comedy films of all time made in South Asia noted for its humorous dialogues blended with social message.
- After the release of songs for Chhaka Panja 2 the singer Almoda was accused of stealing the song “Ye Daju.” A lawsuit followed, and rumours suggested that Chhaka Panja 2 would not be as successful as its predecessor. Additional troubles occurred as the popular actor featured in Chhakka Panja, Rudra Prasad Bhattarai aka “Lajalam,” died.
- On 12 January 2017, actor and producer Deepak Raj Giri revealed that the movie was leaked on Facebook. Later on 13 January 2017, a person committed suicide after he was implicated in the piracy but the police found that he was not connected. Actor Deepak Raj Giri posted on his Facebook page that he felt sorry for the boy who committed suicide.
Where to Watch Chhakka Panja (Stream)
No streaming services available.
Trailer, Teaser & Videos
Poster & Photos