Limbo Movie (2023):
Limbo is an upcoming Australian mystery-crime drama film written and directed by Ivan Sen. The film stars Simon Baker, Rob Collins, Natasha Wanganeen, Nicholas Hope, Mark Coe, Nick Buckland, and Mezi Atwood. It is produced by Bunya Productions and Windalong Films with the support of Screen Queensland and South Australian Film Corporation.
Filming began on 19 August 2022 at Coober Pedy in South Australia. The film had its world premiere in competition at the 73rd Berlin International Film Festival, on 23 February 2023, where it competed for Golden Bear.
Limbo Movie Information:
|February 23, 2023 (Berlinale)
|Dark Matter Distribution
Limbo Movie Storyline:
The film follows Travis Hurley, a detective who arrives in a small Australian outback city to research a twenty-year-old unsolved homicide of a neighborhood Aboriginal lady. Forming bonds with the sufferer’s fractured household, Travis unravels a collection of arduous truths, highlighting the complexities of loss and injustice skilled by First Nations Australians.
Limbo Movie Cast and Characters:
- Simon Baker as Travis Hurley
- Rob Collins as Charlie
- Natasha Wanganeen as Emma
- Nicholas Hope as Joseph
- Mark Coe as Zac
- Mezi Atwood as Lucy
- Nick Buckland as Mechanic
- Joshua Warrior as Oscar
Interesting Facts About Limbo Movie:
- This production’s indigenous Australian film director Ivan Sen describes this film as a “desert noir” or “neo western”, a dark foreboding whodunit against the backdrop of the rugged Australian desert.
- The seventh theatrical feature film of indigenous Australian film director Ivan Sen.
- The first time that indigenous Australian Aboriginal screen creatives, director Ivan Sen and actress Natasha Wanganeen, have worked together on a filmed production.
- Cast members Rob Collins and Nicholas Hope have both previously worked on The Legend of Molly Johnson (2021) and three episodes of the television series Cleverman (2016).